Thursday, October 27, 2016

Enjoying escapism

Last trip to the post office - last bundle of prize books sent on their way to  the winners. Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my 65th published title.  Sharing celebrations with readers is something really special. Why do I love it so much ? Well - there's the reader who has recently lost both her sister and her brother  - and who is looking after her sister's 4 year old.  The  lady who is bed bound and loves  my books  because "reading is the only thing that takes me away." Or  the reader who is  longing for the time when her army husband comes back to her and her  sons. The lady who had just broken her wrist that afternoon.   And these are just 4 of the winners.  And people wonder why  I love to write and share 'escapism'.    It's an honour - and SUCH a compliment to think that my books can help people through difficult time and brighten a dark moment.  I know that feeling and it's wonderful to think my words have been able to  help others that way.  Here's to 'escapism'!

Now all I have to do is to tidy my desk and get back to more  writing words

And anyone who's waiting for a prize giveaway book - it's on its way! 

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts