It's not exactly a course but a retreat - or as I've called it, a Focus. I'll not be running teaching sessions as such but I'll be helping my students focus on their work - the novels they have written already - and showing them what works, and what doesn't. And then I'll be helping them to do more of the first, and less of the latter. And making them write more! There'll be plenty of time for one-to-one sessions, as well as group discussions.
It's the first time I've run this sort of an event and I'm really looking forward to it. I know many of the students who will be there and the thought of spending a weekend with them discussing writing, and talking about their work in the comfort of a 4* hotel, with all meals provided is just heaven. I might even get some of my own writing done - if there's ever a break in the talk!
This weekend is fully booked, but I'm hoping to plan more like this in 2015. So if you'd be interested, check out my Events Page - or write to Relax and Write Courses to ask to be let know what I'm doing.
I do have some more Relax and Write courses coming up - there's one on the Practicalities of writing:
- Writing a synopsis that sells your story.
- Polishing those first three chapters.
- What to include in your covering letter – introducing yourself to the Editor (or Agent).
- Pitching the unique selling point of your story.
- Pinpointing the type of reader and the market you’re aiming at.
That's coming up at the end of October
- Dates: 24th-26th Oct. 2014
- Place: Weetwood Hall LEEDS http://www.weetwood.co.uk/
- Cost: £240
There are still some places on that course if you're interested.
And some courses have already been booked for next year:
By popular demand I’ll be back in Fishguard again in 2015 to run the Advanced Romance Writing Course again -
- Date: Friday 13th February – Sunday 15th February 2015
- Location: Fishguard Bay Hotel, Fishguard Pembrokeshire
- Course: ADVANCED Contemporary Romance Workshop
Though the last time I checked, this was either already full - or had just one place left on it. This course does sell out very quickly, so if you're interested, contact Writers' Holiday asap.
The very popular Writing Romantic Fiction will be back at Weetwood Hall in March next year
- Date: 13- 15 March 2015
- Location: Weetwood Hall Leeds
Again that's with Relax and Write
And of course there's the fabulous Writers' Holiday at Fishguard in July 2015 (27th July - 1st August)
So maybe there's something here that might interest you?
And if you want to know what past students have thought about my courses - their comments are here:
Anyway, back to the course preparation . . . and if you'll be there at Weetwod Hall from tomorrow - I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone!