So - to remind you that this year Writers' Holiday is at the lovely seaside town of Fishguard in Pembrokeshire, Wales in the
In the summer, I’ll be going back to one of my favourite events and taking part in the Writers’ Holiday at Caerleon 2013. This is one of the highlights of my year, with a warm and friendly welcome from Anne and Gerry, fantastic food, lively conversation – and lots of fun. Every year I look forward to going back again.
But this year the set-up will be rather different. Writers’ Holiday has moved to Fishguard Pembrokeshire and the Fishguard Bay Hotel. There will be a different format but the same welcoming atmosphere.
Summer Writers' Holiday
- Dates: Monday 21st July - Saturday 26th July 2014
- Cost: £499 (That's all in - accommodation - food - courses - Welsh Choir concert - all you'll need will be money for the bar or perhaps to pick up a book in the Bookroom.)
- Course: A Complete Introduction to Writing Contemporary Romance
There are spaces on my course this year - the more the merrier.
You can choose to follow ONE course from 1-4 and ONE course from 5-8.
Courses run during the mornings only Tuesday – Friday
1. The Complete Poetry Course - James Nash www.jamesnash.co.uk
2. The Complete Contemporary Romance Course - Kate Walker
3. The Complete Article writer Simon Whaley - www.simonwhaley.com
4. Painting And Drawing Andrew Earney
5. The Complete Short Story Course - Della Galton www.dellagalton.co.uk
6. The Complete Novel Course Marina Oliver www.marina-oliver.net
7. The Complete Crime Writing Course Simon Hall www.thetvdetective.com
8. Painting And Drawing Andrew Earney
This is along with the other great things on the programme:
Afternoon sessions 'after tea' will consist of a series of workshops, seminars, discussion groups and talks, all designed to broaden experience. Normally there will be a minimum of four choices, from which delegates can choose to do one daily. These 'after tea' sessions will take place on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons.
Daily Monday to Thursday there are a series of main lectures which will further broaden the outlook of delegates attending the event. Some will be serious, others humorous - all are worth attending.
FINAL 'WELSH NIGHT' CONCERT
Friday evening only, after dinner, gives delegates the opportunity of sampling a little of the singing reserved normally for the communities of Wales. This private concert will start at 8.00pm and the excellent Cwmbach Male Voice Choirwill also adjourn to the bar after - an evening not to be missed.
There are 3 rooms available - if you're coming on your own. But if you have a friend/a partner/ to share the room with then the rooming plan can be adjusted to provide sea view twins with balcony for 2 people sharing.
So if you're interested - grab a place while they are still available. Maybe come along with a friend?
Details of this event are on the Writers' Holiday web site