Monday, March 05, 2012

Things to celebrate . . .

Today's a day for celebrating -  several things  worth mentioning.
First of all, there's the UK publication of The Devil and Miss Jones.
Of course the official publication date was March 2nd - Friday - but I was blogging elsewhere then so I'm making today the special publication day to celebrate.  A new book is always worth celebrating and this one is one of those special number books -  my 60th title!  I find it hard to believe I've written that many - but as I always say, I wrote them one word at a time.

Another thing well worth celebrating is the fact that over on the Mills & Boon websiteThe Devil and Miss Jones is currently atr #3 in the top ten sales on that site. So thank you so very much to everyone who bought a copy to  put it there.
Finally, today is the day when the Romantic Novelists' Association presented their awards - the RONA. Sadly I wasn't able to  get to London to be at the ceremony -  I would have loved to be at such a celbration of romantic fiction in all its variety. There are awards for contemporary novels, historical novels, sagas, romantic comedies, young adult romances, and shorter-length romances. There’s also the Harry Bowling prize for unpublished novels.  You can see the full shortlists here
And the winners were _
CONTEMPORARY ROMANTIC NOVEL
Summer of Love    By Katie Fforde
EPIC ROMANTIC NOVEL
The Kashmir Shawl   By Rosie Thomas
HISTORICAL ROMANTIC NOVEL
 Highland Storms     By Christina Courtenay
ROMANTIC COMEDY NOVEL
Please Don’t Stop the Music      By Jane Lovering
YOUNG ADULT ROMANTIC NOVEL
Dark Ride  By Caroline Green
THE RoNA ROSE AWARD
The Dangerous Lord Darrington   By Sarah Mallory

THE HARRY BOWLING PRIZE WINNER
A Dark Flowering by Natalie Lloyd-Evans

Congratulations to all the winners - and to everyone on the shortlist. There's a rfeal treasure trove of romantic reading there.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hello Kate - I've been reading your lovely posts on Tote Bags & Blogs and The Pink Heart Society. Very late I know. I was fascinated by your mother's life. She was a remarkable woman to say the least. I worked with two brothers from Clones in Co. Monaghan many years ago when boxer Barry McGuigan was in his heyday. They had great pride in Barry and knew him very well. I'm sorry about what you're going through with the redecorating. That's very stressful.

I got my copy of your latest book - it arrived a few days ago. I'm finally reading The Return of the Stranger. It's a powerful read and very faithful to the Wuthering Heights story while being very much your novel. Very well done indeed. Wish you lots more success with the new book.

Nas said...

I've also been following your posts, Kate.

And Maria also commented on your hero from THE RETURN OF THE STRANGER as the perfect hero when we did a post earlier on Romance Book Haven.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts