Saturday, July 09, 2011

I wish I was in Wales. . .

So many of my friends are spending the weekend at Caerleon, Newport in Wales. This is where this year's Romantic Novelists' Association  annual Conference is being held at the Caerleon Campus of the University of Wales.

For various reasons I have been unable to join them this year so I'm missing out on the talks and the discussions and - most of all - I'm missing  catching up with my friends  and  having fun with them.

But at least i will be in Wales myself in a couple of weeks  because on Sunday I'll be at the same Caerleon Campus to  share in the fabulous Writers' Holiday for the week.  (24th - 30th).  I can't wait!  I'll be teaching a five session course on Writing  Romance   and the Babe Magnet will be teaching Writing Poetry.  And as I hear that preparations for another Mills & Boon New Voices contest are in progress this could be a great way to get in some early preparation for that!

There are still some places available at Caerleon this year so if you'd like to know more about it, take a look at their web site and maybe I'll see you there.  

You can also learn about my Advanced course at Fishguard where  we go into more depth and build on the things we've dealt with in the basic Caerleon course. (You need to go on one before the other.)  You can read what some past students have said about this course here on my Events page.

Anyway, I'm busy preparing my classes, handouts etc for  the week at Caerleon. It's not quite as much fun as being there right now - but at least I'll be at Writers' Holiday in a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs, I'm missing it too this year. A combination of finances and my darling daughters all managing to make this weekend one of the busiest in the year with rehearsals, trips and holidays. Plus two writing deadlines hanging over me means I had to stay home.

Anonymous said...

Such a shame you couldn't make it, Kate. Hope you enjoy your week there later this month.
Jo.

Kiru Taye said...

The location is pictureque. Wish I could come along for the but it's school holidays I'm afraid. :(

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts