Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A sad loss

Joy Young 1928 - 2011


Thank you all for your kind words about Dylan  -  I really appreciated  them.  But if I'm honest, I was posting the blog about my cat because  - sad though I was to have lost him - that was the thing I could talk about at the time.  There has been another, far greater loss to our family  this past week. 

This time last week I learned with much sadness that my dear Mother in Law,  had died suddenly.  She was almost 83 and a little frail, but still we hadn't expected it, and it came as a real shock to everyone.  Saturday should have been her 83rd birthday and she was supposed to be coming to us for a special weekend.   We put up her cards anyway to mark her special day.

Joy had been part of my life for the last 40 years. She is going to leave a great hole in my heart.

18 comments:

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Kate, what a time you're having of it.

Sincerest condolences on your unexpeted loss, and wishing you and your family a long life with many happy memories of your mom-in-law, Joy.

(((HUGS)))
Judy (South Africa)

Julia Broadbooks said...

I'm so very sorry to read of your loss. My condolences. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat Posner said...

Hugs to you, Steve and family, Kate. Treasure the memories.
xxPat

LindaC said...

So sorry to hear about your mother in law and of course, Dylan. Hugs to you all!

LindaC

Quillers said...

I'm so sorry for your losses, Kate.

I was struck by the words 'Joy has been part of my life for the last 40 years'. It says it all really, doesn't it? It sounds as if she was aptly named.

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs to you and Steve at this sad time.

Nas said...

My condolences, Kate. Such a sad time. But do keep the happier memories of her time with you.

Kaelee said...

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. It is always so hard when someone dear to us passes away without any warning. I'm hoping that Joy will live on in yours hearts with joyfulled memories.

Anonymous said...

My sympathies and hugs

Julie Cohen said...

Thinking with so much love of you and the BM and the Offspring.

Nicolette said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, Kate. xx

Carol Marinelli said...

So sorry for your loss.
Hugs from half a word away Cx

Donna Alward said...

Sending big squeezy hugs...to you and the BM. So sorry for all the troubles.

felinewyvern said...

My condolences on your loss of both Joy and Dylan.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to hear your sad news, Kate. Deepest sympathy to you all.

Chris.xx.

Liz Fielding said...

I'm so sorry, Kate. A big hug to you and Steve.

lidia said...

Kate,

Sending my condolences to you and your family. I am sure that you have plenty of lovely memories that will help you get through these difficult times.

Many HUGS go out to you!

Maria said...

My sincere condolences to you and yours on your sad loss. She will live on in your hearts I am sure...

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts