Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking A Break from Conflict

The discussion on Conflict is interesting - even to me after all these years but I want to take a diversion from conflict and into friendship to celebrate another friend's birthday in August.


Many of you who have read this blog often will know who I'm talking about but for those of you who don't know - today is the birthday of one of the best friends that this writing life has brought me - the fabulous, RITA winning (several times) and RITA nominated (
several times) and Sid the Cat's favourite Lady Across The Pond - Anne McAllister


As I said before, I seem fated to have friends with birthdays in August - obviously I get on well with Leos - and Anne is no exception. We are kindred spirits, in fact her most recent post over on her blog or Tote Bags 'n' Blogs is one that I could have written myself. And of course she is a very special person to A Very Special Cat (A Cat of Superior Breeding) Sir Sidney himself.


To celebrate I have been treating myself to a read of Anne's latest Mills and Boon Modern/Harlequin Presents - The Virgin's Proposition.
I loved her closed off, wounded hero Demetrios, and I adored watching her innocent but far from naive heroine Anny open up to life and love and experience.
I loved every word of it and reading it was almost as good as hearing Anne's voice in my ear. The next best thing to celebrating her birthday with her in person.

The Virgin's Proposition is out in Presents in September - and as a May book in the UK it's still available on Amazon and the Mills & Boon web site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE!

1 comment:

Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Belatedly, of course, because I'm nothing this year if not behind in doing everything.

I'm so glad you liked Demetrios and Anny's story. But then, you do like wounded heroes, so I am glad he appealed.

Tell Sir Sidney that I wish he was here, but he would need to bring his life jacket to get outside in the back because of all the rain we've had. It's at the front door, too, sadly. He'd have to sit inside and frown at it.

Why is my word verification word: angst ? she asked nervously.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts