Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mills & Boon New Voices Contest - an update


The August birthday celebrations continue today with the special day for my lovely 3rd twin Donna Alward

(And if you think it's not possible to have three twins, then you've never seen Donna, myself and the other 'twin' Holly Jacobs together !)

Happy Birthday Donna!

With the announcement of the Mills & Boon New Voices Contest and the need to get your entries in between September 6th and 22nd, I have been asked by a few people whether there are any copies of the 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance still available.


As I've already announced, this book is currently being reprinted and copies are now really quite scarce and difficult to find.

So I thought I'd better let you know that if you are looking for a copy to help you prepare your entry for the New Voices contest then the publisher has just let me know that they have found a few extra copies that are available right now.


In the UK there are just 20 copies left in print - these can be bought from either Amazon.co.uk or The Book Depository- or indeeed from your local bookshop, particularly if it's Waterstones. Just take the information and the ISBN from the Writers page on my website to the shop and they should order it for you.



In America, there are about the same number of copies of the USA edition - available from Amazon.com or again to order from a bookshop - with these details:

ISBN: 9781842851319
Price: $19.99

From Studymates Publishing
Chicago Distribution Centre
11030 Sth Langley Avenue
Chicago IL 60628
Phone: 773 702 7000
Fax: 773 702 7212


Once these copies are gone, there will be no more available until the book is reprinted. (If you're coming to my workshop in Doncaster, I'll have some copies available there.)

And if you have any success with the contest and feel that the 12 Point Guide has helped you, please let me know.
Good luck!

3 comments:

Kat said...

I'm lucky enough to already have a much used copy of your guide Kate, and can only say BUY IT to other aspiring romance writers who haven't already.

It helped me a great deal last year for the comp, and will no doubt be helpful again this year.

Thank you!

Donna Alward said...

I love Kate's 12 point guide!

And thank you for the birthday wishes darling! The weather has been stunning and I had a fantabulous day. Friends, food and lots of sun on our deck. Just about perfect. :-)

Sherry Gloag said...

I'll second Joanne's comment. I, too, have a copy and it is in constant use.
It played a big part in the acceptance of my debut novel, The Brat, releasing in October.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts