Thursday, October 08, 2009

Getting there

Many many thanks to everyone who has sent me get well messages as I fought the flu. It's been a really vicious virus this time and it knocked me - and the Magnet - back for days.

But I'm starting to feel as if there's light at the end of the tunnel. Still coughing for England, but at least my voice is back - if croaking. I think I'll live.

But of course the time ill has made my dreadline situation even worse so I'll still not be blogging too much over the next few days while I sort out my scarred Greek hero. The situation is made even more pressing by the fact that I have two events coming up in the next week so they'll take time away from writing.

But if you're coming to the Calderdale Writer's Roadshow in Halifax on Saturday or to the Crime and Passion Day in Barnsley Library on Wednesday (14th) then I'll see you there.

And for fans of the Hecks - we have another Mini Heck. Regular blog readers may remember it was this time last year that we first saw one of that year's babies come close to the door to eat the cat meat/crunchies left for them. Two nights ago there was a very small mini Heck that I have never seen before. He/she needs to eat plenty to stoke up ready for hibernation so we're leaving extra rations outside for them. I haven't managed to get a photo of it yet, so this one of last year's baby will have to act as a stand in.

I must just say welcome to my first ever visitor from Dominica who took my total of visiting countries up to 147 this week. I thought 146 was the final total but it seems there are still more countries yet to visit.

And please don't forget to click on the Breast Cancer site link in the sidebar and help the October Breast Cancer Awareness Month drive for extra free mammograms. While you're there, why not click on all the other sites too - it only takes a minute, is totally free, and you'll be helping with literacy, child poverty, animal rescue . . .

Back to the word mines. And thank you again for all the lovely messages.

5 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay for the appearance of another mini Heck! That's made my day :D

LindaC said...

I hope that you and the Babe Magnet are feeling better soon. I'm sure the kitties helped out with all of the snuggling. It's hard to write some times when you are feeling better, much less when you are sick. Hope your Greek cooperates! Tell him I said so!

Cute hecks!

Linda

Caroline said...

Glad you are feeling better Kate. Heck is lovely - I love hedgies and always have to fight the urge to pick them up! Take care. Caroline x p.s going to bed early tonight - your book arrived today so I'm looking forward to reading it. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate. So good to hear you are feeling a bit better. One thing my mum used to do was give us a teaspoon of honey with a little bit of ginger powder mixed in it. It helps with the croaky throat. Just plain honey helps as well or a teaspoon of fresh chopped ginger boiled in a cup of water for a minute or two and then that water used to make tea.
Hope it helps.
The mini Heck's so cute.

Warmest Regards
Fatima

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better and ok for tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts