Sunday, September 06, 2009

Busy (so what's new?)

The Babe Magnet and I spent yesterday in Todmorden doing one-to-ones with writers as part of the Calderdale Writers' Roadshow. We had a lot of fun, met some old friends, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The lunch laid on was fabulous.



This is the second of these Roadshows we've been part of (we had to miss one because we were away - at Caerleon Writers' Holidays ) and we've had a great time. The last event is next month, in Halifax which is a bit special as this is where I grew up. It's going to be a real nostalgic journet. The Babe Magnet is doing a workshop on Writing the Past and, as at Todmorden, I'll be doing one-to-ones with anyone who wants to discuss their work in detail. (Waves to Joanne - hope you'll make it!). There's an interesting line up of other authors there too.




And I've just - with the help of lovely Heather from We Write Romance (congratulations on your fabulous five years at WWR Heather!) - updated my web site to list everything that's coming up - including the publication of Kept For Her Baby and the 3 in 1 By Request I'd forgotten about - Chosen By The Greek Tycoon - which has a reprint of The Antonakos Marriage in it if you missed it the first time round.



Oh and today I'm blogging over on Tote Bags 'N' Blogs all about the new academic year and how I'm trying to get organised! Got any good tips for me? I need them as I've just been approached about doing another couple of talks/events in libraries early next year. So if you have any great getting organised advice, I'd love to hear it over there. There's a signed copy of Kept For Her Baby on offer for the best one.

3 comments:

Julie Day said...

Have you got a folder with all expenses in? I recently read about doing one in a children's writer's book, and know it will be applicable to all authors. I have just set mine up with all receipts etc that I kept so far this year. That's one idea.

Joanne Coles said...

Waving back - I hope so! As to being organised, I have a diary but muddle my way through day by day :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying about Calderdale's writing workshops. I had absolutely no idea about them although living so close. Anyway I'm hoping to sign up for the last one in October, listening to 'some man' talk about historical research. Really hope there are spaces left.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts