Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tote Bag of Books Presents Special - Jennie Lucas

Today I'm delighted to welcome Jennie Lucas to guest blog here. Jennie's first Presents title was published in 2007 and the book she has donated to the Tote Bag prize is her 5th title, Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child.



Jennie's often said she wishes she could join in one of my writing courses - and that's the topic of her blog today:




Kate, thanks so much for inviting to your blog today!

I’m sitting here dreaming about your upcoming weeklong class in Writers Holiday in Wales and wishing I could go! (It’s unfortunately back-to-back against the Romance Writers of America’s national conference in Washington DC.)

Last year, I attended a similar type of program taught by Sharon Kendrick in Posara, Italy It was the most fun I’ve ever had while pretending to “work”! The roses and medieval buildings of Tuscany, along with the experience of the class, really inspired my next book, which came out last month in the UK and will be out in September in the U.S.—The Innocent’s Dark Seduction.

So here’s the scavenger hunt question:

What is the handsome stranger wearing when he surprises Lia in the garden?

To find the answer, read the excerpt here:
Good luck everyone!

And for anyone who’s going to Kate Walker’s romance-writing class in Wales the last week of July, I’m so jealous! Who knows what kind of fabulous dreamy stories you’ll be inspired to write….?

With warmest wishes,

Jennie
http://www.jennielucas.com/



Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child



Kidnapped from her wedding by her sexy Brazilian boss



She's pregnant—and he'll take what is rightfully his!



In the sultry heat of Rio and its Carnaval, Ellie succumbs to her dangerously charismatic boss Diogo Serrador. But having taken her virginity, the Brazilian billionaire wants nothing more to do with her—until he discovers she's pregnant!



Diogo will accept nothing less than taking Ellie as his bride. Their marriage is passionate by night but forced and hollow by day. Ellie realizes she's in an impossible situation: Diogo's dark past has frozen his heart, but she's fallen in love with her husband...
PS to Jennie's post from Kate.
I should let everyone know that the summer Caerleon course is totally sold out. But if anyone is interested in the residential courses I'm doing next year - then the details are on my Events page or here:
Fishguard Bay Hotel 19th - 21st February 2010
Residential Training (Southampton) 24th/25th April 2010
And I'll add any more if they crop up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie
Considering I live not too far from Fishguard, where Kate is holding her writers holiday, I would love to go. But, as I am not a writer, perhaps I could go and just help out?

Thanks again Jennie, for being in contact, just think, Italy was huge fun for everyone who went, plus Sharon Kendrick classes, and Italy inspired you to write the gorgeous Innocent's Dark Seduction.

'ALERT' to everyone reading this blog, please read Jennie's book. It's absolutely fabulous! I've already told her this, so she knows how I feel about it. It will pull your emotions to piece's. Don't you love it when that happens?

xx Karen

Jennie Lucas said...

Oh Karen, thank you so much for all your kind words about The Innocent's Dark Seduction! I'm still blushing from all your praise--thank you again! I loved writing it. Who couldn't help but be inspired by a whole week hanging out with hopeful Mills & Boon writers in Italy?

If you've ever thought about writing a book, and especially since you live so close, you should consider attending Kate's workshop in February! I'm not sure if I'll be able to come, but I definitely want to. Everyone raves about Kate's classes, and of course you only have to read her books to see how immensely talented she is--a legend!

*hugs*
Jennie

Rachael said...

Hi Jennie,
Just to say it was great meeting you on Sharon's course in Italy and I loved your latest book.
I am now looking forward to attending Kate's course in February.
All the best,
Rachael

Caroline said...

Hi Jennie. I echo "anonymous" (Karen)earlier blog too! I loved The Innocent's Dark Seduction as well, and I'm quite happy to tell the world to go out and buy it! Like Karen I too live in (north) Wales and would have loved to attend Kate's writer's holiday. Maybe if I start saving now for next year (finger's crossed that she does another one) I may get to attend. As a unpub. there will be invaluable advice aplenty I'm sure! Take care. Caroline

Jennie Lucas said...

Hi Rachael! So lovely to hear from you sweetie!

It was incredibly fun hanging out with you in Italy. I'm crossing fingers I might be able to join you in Wales in February. But if I don't make it, I want every detail when you get back! Big hugs!

Jennie Lucas said...

Caroline, thanks for your nice words about The Innocent's Dark Seduction! It makes me so happy to know you enjoyed it! And please feel free to tell as many people as you like--hehe :)

If you're a new writer on a budget (and who's not on a budget these days?) and not able to attend Kate's workshop, have you read her how-to book? I've heard from so many M&B friends who just adored it and found it very valuable. (It's hard to get in the U.S., unfortunately, so I haven't read it yet--instead I'm just reading as many of Kate's luscious novels as I can! "Research"--*grin*)

Jennie Lucas said...

Forgot to say to Rachael--do you recognize the picture of me with the pink hat? Sharon Kendrick took it in Italy, when all of us were at the outside table drinking cocktails and looking out at the river. (My first sample of a gin and tonic, thanks to your sister-in-law Ruth!) What a wonderful time I had.

;) Jennie

Caroline said...

Hi Jennie. I have got Kate's 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance. It's the best book I've read to date (and boy have I read lots) on how to craft a romance books. But good news! I think it's going to be published in the US shortly - so anyone seriously interested in writing romances should buy this book. I promise you - you won't regret it!! Take care. Caroline

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts