Monday, June 15, 2009

Coming up . . .

One of the new plans I was talking about last week has now been finalised, so I can tell you more about it.

I was approached by a company called Residential Training who are starting a new venture near Southampton and asked if I would consider running a course on Writing Romance for them. We've been in discussion since and now we'v e finalised the details. And it won't just be me who'll be working with them.


So if you're in the south of England - ort anywhere within reach of Southampton, Hampshire, and you want to learn more about how to write Romance - or True Crime (with the Babe Magnet) how about this fabulous Grade 1 listed building as a place to stay- Well, the mews quarters of it, set in 32 acres of parkland -on a residential course? You'll also be able to use the swimming pool and it even has a tree house!


The Babe Magnet and I will be running a 2 day course there on 24th/25th April 2010. You can find the details here . Booking will start very soon. The details of Residential Training and contact information can be found here



Of course, if Wales is more accessible for you, I will still be running the Modern Romance course at Fishguard Writers' and Artists' Weekend in February (19th - 21st) 2010 with the wonderful Anne and Gerry Hobbs. That's at the Fishguard Bay Hotel in Pembrokeshire and full details of that event can be found on thr Writers' Holiday web site here.

And if you live in or near Derby, I'm hosting an event at the Central Library there this Wednesday
Here are the details:
Event: Reader Event – talk and Q&A
Date: Wednesday June 17thVenue: Derby Central Library Wardwick Derby
Time: 7-9.15pm, (Door open 6.45pm)
Telephone: 01332 641702 Enquiries and information
Complimentary drinks will be offered during an interval part way through the evening. Entrance is free but please ring to book.
There are more writers and readers events coming up throughout the rest of 2009 - details can be found on the Events page on my web site - where I'll be adding the Residential Training Southampton event details too just as oon as I can get organised.
Maybe I'll see you at one of them.

2 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Oh it's so pretty! If only I lived in the area :)

Rachel said...

Ha at last, Kate! You've been lured way down south and the whole package looks utterly gorgeous.

Wild horses wouldn't stop me coming to this one-consider me booked!

Lots of love,
Rach (Hampshire!)
XXXXXXX

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts