Monday, June 29, 2009

Awards and Community

The New Media Age Effectiveness Awards were announced on Saturday night at a glittering ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London. Amongst the winners was romance publishing giant Harlequin Mills & Boon, who won the Retail category award for its newly redesigned website - http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/


'This is fantastic news,' says Tim Cooper, director of direct and digital marketing at Mills & Boon, and the brains behind the company's new digital initiatives. 'The new Mills & Boon website is a showcase for our new eBooks, and also offers an online community for romance fans.'


Since the launch of the new website earlier in the year, Mills & Boon has reported an exponential growth in monthly eBook sales and is leading the publishing industry in terms of online sales.'We are in an increasingly instant and on-demand world.


The new Mills & Boon website and eBook offering is our way of responding to the changing face of publishing and taking the lead - and we are receiving a fantastic repsonse from readers as a result.'



Do you visit the M&B site? And do you buy your books from there - or from the shops?


Are you buying lots of ebooks or sticking to the traditional paper and print versions?

And have you joined the M&B (or eHarlequin) Community yet? If so, what do you think? If not come along and join us.

2 comments:

Susan Rix said...

Fantastic news for M&B & their authors!

I didn't think I'd ever get into ebooks but I'm LOVING being able to buy M&B at an instant. Great news for the 'shelf' life of these wonderful books too. I now buy all my category romance books online, and it's also made it easier for me to try different series that I otherwise wouldn't. Great thing about ebooks is there's less guilt about adding to the TBR because they're invisible to prying eyes. ;)

Nell Dixon said...

I buy both as I like paper for my keepers but ebooks are great to have on my laptop when I'm away in my touring caravan - instant library!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts