Sunday, May 03, 2009

The First Sunday of the Month . . .

So today my blog is over on Tote Bags 'N' Blogs where I'm still talking about heroes - I'm wondering what age you prefer your heroes- and heroines - to be.


And as it's May 3rd, I want to take the time to wish my very special friend - and one of my favourite authors - Michelle Reid a truly happy birthday! (I have my own birthday coming up later this week so I will have small celebration to share with you then)


Talking about celebrations - this article in - believe it or not - Management Today - gives all romance writers plenty to cheer about - once you've got past the cringe-making headline and the inevitable couple of sarcastic comments.


As a small but important contribution to the All About Alphas series - thanks to Michelle Styles who yesterday quoted Senior Editor Sheila Hodgson at the Hexham Book Festival yesterday as saying that: " Mills & Boon only publishes alphas" . Which you'll already have gathered from the range of comments in this discussion.

Finally, thanks to wonderful Heather Reed at We Write Romance, I have recently updated my web site so you might want to check that out. For readers and writers in the UK there is a long list of new appearences and writing workshops coming up - I'm going to be s-o-o busy!


Michelle has a report of the Book Festival event and a lovely photo on her blog today.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Happy Birthday to Michelle!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts