Thursday, October 18, 2007

Postal deliveries

I have had a bumper postal delivery today, with lots of lovely surprises - and some expected things too.

So here are 5 Reasons to be happy that the postal strikes have stopped

1. I have an update on the preparations for the Fishguard Novel Writing Weekend. Another couple of weeks and I shall be heading for Wales and beautiful Fishguard Bay where I'll be teaching the Contemporary Romance course. I'll be able to meet up with my great fellow tutors Jane Jackson and Lesley Horton who are teaching the Historical and the Crime Novel courses.. We always have great fun as well as getting a lot out of the course. There are still places left so if you're interested, the details are on my Events page or the Writers' Holiday site here.



2. Someone must have realised that I'd actually made a small indent into my TBR mountain - because my lovely writer friends decided that I needed the pile topping up! And no sooner had I mentioned Donna Alward's Marriage at Circle M than - as lovely Donna herself let on yesterday - there it was in my post pile ready to - errr - ready to add to my slightly diminished and now getting bigger again TBR

3. My great friend from 'downunder' Trish Morey has sent me her next book too - we're 'shelf-mates' in November in the UK and USA with my Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife and Trish's The Boss's Christmas Baby.

Thank you both so much Donna and Trish - now all I need is a little more (a lot more) time to read. If only I didn't have to write . . . And I'm still waiting for Anne McAllister's The Boss's Wife For a Week (and stop telling me how much I;mn going to enjoy it! I know that - I just want to read it!)
(Oh and Donna - watch your own mail box! And no, I'm not going to explain!)

4. Author's copies of the joint book on writing that the BM and I have collaborated on that is out this month - Being a Professional Writer - it looks good!

5. Unexpected foreign editions - always a thrill. This time I have copies of the Polish edition of The Married Mistress where my book is in a duo with Sara Craven - and as readers of this blog will know, I'm a huge admirer of Sara's books, so I'm honoured to be linked with her.

And the Spanish edition of that 50th title - The Sicilian's Red-Hot Revenge under the fabulous title of Venganza Siciliana (Sicilian Vengeance). And that cover always looks great no matter what size it is or the colour it's set against.
And the BM got a couple advances for books he's delivered and a contract for a book on local ghosts . . .
So we were both more than happy that the postal deliveries are getting through properly. The postie wasn't too pleased at having to carry all those extra books though.
In other news, thanks to the fantastic Heather Reed who maintains my web site, I'm all up to date over there as well. So if you want to read all about The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife, see photos of the presentation of the lovely gold pin for my 50th title and all my other news then why not visit now? There will also be a new contest for the publication of The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife coming very soon over on My Tote Bag just as soon as Lee gets it up there - I'll let you know when it's ready.

3 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Kate,
I can't wait for BEING A PROFESSIONAL WRITER to come out!!! WOOT!!!

I'm writing my new mainstream ms by following your advice of the scene driving the next scene and am loving the results. My characters are all so different and quite a motley crew when they interact. :D

Enjoy your trip to Wales. My father's side of the family migrated from there and I dream of seeing it one day.

We were under a tornado warning and a rotating cloud just passed by our land. There were leaves drawn up into the sky as far as the eye could see.

Hugs, JJ/Blue

Donna Alward said...

Oooh! Mail's coming MY way? I only get adverts for singles and bills, yuck! LOL

I'm glad MCM made it there...I was a little worried.

And now BAPW is on my wish list...which is nearly as big as my tbr pile...

Trish Morey said...

Hey Kate, great to hear The Boss's Christmas Baby made it safely through the postal strike.

I hope you get as big a kick out of it as I did reading your The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife. Scorching! Thanks so much for the unexpected package in the mail. Lovely to be able to return the favour.

And I love the sound of "Being a Professional Writer". What a great idea, it should fly off the shelves.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts