Monday, October 08, 2007

Bye Bye Black Angel . . .

Angelos Rousakis has left the building. The Black Angel has gone from my desk to my editor's (thank heaven for email in the time of a postal strike!) and I hope she'll be very happy with him. He'll stop her from cracking her whip for a day or so anyway!

Now I have the updates on my web site to complete (I've done some but more are needed) , the course in Fishguard to organise, lots of letters to catch up with and a TBR mountain to scale. The problem there is going to be which book to open first . . . Anne McAllister's The Boss's Wife For A Week - Jodi Picoult (I have 3 on my TBR pile)- Abby Green The Kouros Marriage Revenge - The House at Riverton - The Story of You . . . I need to read my fellow tutor at Fishguard's (Jane Jackson) novel Dangerous Waters before I see her again - Kate Hardy says this is a wonderful read so I'm looking forward to that . . . and oh I'd love to reread some Mary Stewarts (Reread! Kate - are you crazy? I don't have time to read the books I've been given!)

But first I need some sleep . . .

Then it's the TBR pile and the TDL (To Do List!)

5 comments:

juliemt said...

You will absolutely love Jane Jackson's Dangerous Waters. I reviewed it last year and it was fabulous - a really wonderful engrossing Victorian tale. I also absolutely loved Abby and Anne's books and I am still in two minds about whether to get Kate Morton's book - I don't trust Richard and Judy's book choices, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it.

Kate Hardy said...

Congrats on delivering the book.

I second what Julie says - Dangerous Waters is fantastic.

The historical stuff is ABSOLUTELY accurate - she's really got the feel of the period - the characterisation is superb and the plot works beautifully.

(And I'm not just biased as she's a friend of mine and shares an agent with me - it's a seriously good read and I'd add it to my list of best historical novels - hmm - have I got you to read The Vizard Mask yet?)

Oh, and pace yourself! (Ducks)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

You have a lucky editor, Kate!!! At this moment I wish I was your editor so I could read your new upcoming book!!!

Wild wave from autumnal Michigan.

Hugs, JJ

Anne McAllister said...

Dangerous Waters, eh? Ah, the temptation. But my current hero is a long way from leaving the building, so I think I'd better get back to work.

Hope you enjoy The Boss's Wife -- whenever you get around to her!

lidia said...

Kate-great news that you delivered your book to the editor. Means we will have something else to read.

I have Anne's "Boss's Wife" in my TBR pile -- it is near the top. Hope to get to it soon.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts