Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Talking of contests . . .

Remember the Groom's Contest?

Who could forget Domenico, Theo and Max and how they took over the blogs. Well, the winner of that contest was Mona from Egypt. I announced that - sorry - Domenico announced that - here on February 11th.


I sent that prize out the day after - that's February 12th.


I just heard from Mona that the prize arrived safely - today! I can't believe it's taken 2 months for them to reach her - and I sent them air mail!
I'm just glad you've received your books, Mona - and I really hope you enjoy them after that long wait. Thanks for being so patient.

I really hope that the prizes for the current contest (see previous post if you need reminding of the details) don't take anything like as long to get to the winners this month. But can I say once again that I will send prizes to anywhere in the world - so if you've been hesitating about entering, thinking she'll never send a prize to Italy or Poland, or even China then yes I will. I mention those countries as they're the ones I've seen a rush of visitors from on this blog just recently. If the post can reach you, I'll send you a prize if you win. It may, like Mona's prize, take a l-o-n-g time to reach you but it will get there.


And talking of Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride - I just received this lov ely review from Sherri at Romance Junkies that I'd like to share with you.


Amber Wellesley was standing before the priest about to become Mrs. Rafe St. Clair, on what should have been the happiest day of her life. But when the priest asked if anyone had any reason why the couple should not be wed, the silence was interrupted by a man’s voice saying ‘I do’. What, who, why, Amber thought before turning around, but in her heart she already knew who was objecting to her marrying Rafe. It could only be—GUIDO!

Guido Corsentino wasn’t about to allow Amber to wed Rafe St. Clair if he had any say in the matter. After all, she was still married to HIM! Sure, their wedding had been a spur-of-the-moment deal in a tiny Las Vegas wedding chapel when they had only known each other less than a week, but legal it was, so she was still HIS wife. A year ago, she had run away from him and now that he has found her again, he isn’t about to let go quite so easily this time around. He wants some answers—and his wife back in his bed! But can Guido convince Amber that’s where she belongs?

International best-selling author Kate Walker has done it again! How this talented author keeps thinking up new stories that keep your attention and make you want more is beyond me, but she does it and quite well too! Sexy alpha heroes with heart and strong heroines with brains are Ms. Walker’s specialty, making her one of my very favorite authors. SICILIAN HUSBAND, BLACKMAILED BRIDE is the first of a duo of books starring two brothers from Sicily that are sure to get any woman’s heart racing. Guido is a man who isn’t about to give up what belongs to him. Secrets and misunderstandings keep the pages turning until the end, but will it be a happy one for Guido and Amber? Shhh, it’s a secret which you will have to read the book to find out. The second book which is entitled THE SICILIAN’S RED-HOT REVENGE will feature his brother Vito and I can’t wait to be able to read his story too. It will be a July 2007 release, and if it is anything like Guido’s story, Ms. Walker’s fiftieth Harlequin novel will be red-hot!

Thank you Sherri - you've made my day.

And talking of Romance Junkies and contests - RJ are just setting up their Summer Splash Contest which will go up in June- there are always plenty of great prizes on offer in any Romance Junkies contest - so look out for that one coming soon.

3 comments:

Mona said...

What a hilarious story, don't you think? :) The funny part was that it took for Liz Fielding's books just a week to arrive. And till now I still haven't got the books Anne McAllister sent.

Anne McAllister said...

Mona, I'm sorry the package hasn't arrived! I sent it the next day -- AIR MAIL! I wonder where they are. Oh, dear.

Mona said...

Hi Anne,

That's very nice of you. I knew for sure you've sent the package the next day that's why I didn't check back with you or Kate when the package hadn't shown up. I'm not really sure why your package and Kate's had such a bad luck. The same day I got Kate's I had another envelope coming from the US and it was sent March 29. but now after I got Kate's I'm really feeling optimistic about getting yours :)
I wonder too.. where might your package be ?!!!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts