Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's very nice to go trav'ling

It's very nice to go trav'ling
But it's oh so nice to come home


I'm back. Did you miss me?
I didn't want to leave but like the song says there's a lovely feeling of being home too - if only I didn't have proofs waiting for me!
Had a fabulous time - Met up with old friends, made new ones.
Was generously wined and dined by a lovely man (no not the BM) though the BM was there too - chatting up Irish women and actresses . . .Report on that tomorrow. . . (want a clue? Think Cold Feet)
Ate lovely food. drank a little wine (just a little!)Talked a lot. . . . About writing, books, plays, Ireland, history, films, writing . . .
Wandered around Dublin, Galway, Lissmore, Fermoy . . . Got very wet.
Talked a lot about writing, books, plays, Ireland, films, history, writing . . .

Stayed in a fabulous old house with the most amazing bath (photos to follow)
Read a couple of great books . . .
Talked about writing, about books, about cats . .Oh and I wrote - a little . . .

And I came home to find that the number of countries that have registered visitors on this blog has gone up to 81, there are some wonderful comments about my books - specially The Italian's Forced Bride over on the IHeartPresents blog.
And I also found out that The Italian's Forced Bride is marked as sold out over on eHarlequin.com which is a great thrill, specially coming after its three weeks on the Waldenbooks top ten. So a great big Thank You to everyone who made this book the great success it's been. That made my homecoming really special. I was just as thrilled to discover that my March UK release Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride is already appearing on the Amazon.co.uk bestseller lists and it isn't out till next week.

And now I have cases to unpack, washing to do, a book to finish, proofs to correct, the third edition of A Straightforward Guide to Writing Romance to prepare for the publisher . . .

And I have to appease Sid for abandoning him for a week and for being unfaithful to him with Archie.
Who's Archie? I'll tell you about him later.

I'll be back with the full story - just as soon as I get the cases unpacked and this washing in the machine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Kate. It sounds like you all had a great time. Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pics.


Chris.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Kate,
yes you were sorely missed, my morning routine is just not the same without you. HOWEVER in desperation I managed to get hold of and devour Sicilian Husband, Blackmailed Bride. I lost count of the times my jaw dropped in horror at the things Guido made Amber do. My toes curled for the poor woman. And then there was Rafe's little secret - wasn't expecting that! A fantastic read.
Glad you're home and had a lovely time.
Rach.

Kate Walker said...

Thanks Chris and Rachel - I had awonderful time but it's good to be hoe too

Rachel, you've made me smile by letting me know how much you enjoyed Sicilian Husband Blackmailed Bride - Thank you! I had fun making Guido be a little wicked - and yes, Rafe's little secret, I wondered if anyone would guess . . .

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts