Monday, January 29, 2007

Can I pick them?


< - Remember this? The bag that held the Bag of Books for my Summer Reading Contest?


And this ->
The Christmas Stocking stuffed with books?

So now take a look on the Romantic Novelists' Association web site where the short list for this year's RNA Romance Prize is announced.

What's the connection?

Well that short list contains

The Gladiator's Honour by Michelle Styles
which was in the Bag of Books prize selection in June last year







Also on the list are Lord Greville's Captive by Nicola Cornick


and Accepting the Boss's Proposal

by Natasha Oakley



Both of which were in the Christmas Stocking stuffed with books that I gave away in December.

Congratulations to Michelle, Nicola and Natasha - what a pity you can't all win!

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Personally I think making the shortlist is the real honour. Being there with all those wonderful writers. Totally thrilling.

What the wonderful Kate Walker is also not saying is the three newest writers in the shortlist for the Romance Prize --Nell Dixon, Natasha Oakley and me -- all had their writing directly effected by her book about writing romance before we were published. All three are former * conference virgins* of Queen Kate.
She can certainly pick them!!!

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Me thinks that Kate Walker might be a little bit psychic, I'll definitely be ordering those books

Kate Walker said...

Michelle - thakn you - i;m thrilled that so many of my 'virgins' are doing so well I think we all go on so wonderfully when we met because we thought a lot alike and cared about writing. I love the fact that my sense of certain people's talent and quality is confirmed byt the results your books are having now they're published

Hi Maria- thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoy the boks if you do order them. They are all different and all have their own style - and they are all worth reading. I don;t need a crystal ball to predict that ;-)

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts