Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Angels Part 2 - For Anne McAllister

When I wrote about my new Christmas angel, I mentioned my old Christmas Angel - one I had made myself years ago when the Offspring was a small boy. asked to me take a picture of this elderly angel and post it for you to see. So I've done that.

Here is my little felt angel that I made all those years ago when I had time to do such things and wasn't writing or tweaking Greek heroes in the week before Christmas.

There were a couple of other little felt tree decorations I made as well that year - a star and a Christmas stocking and these two who hang on the tree with the angel - Father Christmas with a wonderful beard (you can't see the details but each of those sections of beard end in a curl of white



And Frosty the Snowman with his jaunty hat and scarf, a very red nose, and a red and green broom in his hands.

These 3 are now hanging on the tree together and that always makes me feel it's really Christmas.

Oh yes - and talking of that tweaked Greek - my editor's Christmas present to me was a note to say that the tweaking was fine and the Greek book had been bought , ready for publication in November 2007. No title as yet so it's still just known as 'Andreas's Story' - but as soon as it has a publication title, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Thank you for the angels -- and other friends in felt. I really like your angel. It has charm and history and a wealth of good feelings and memories attached. You can tell just by looking at her.

Kate Walker said...

Hi Trish - are we out together in Novemeber? That's great! I wish it could be us rubbing shoulders but maybe soon .. .

Happy New Year to you

And to you Anne - I'm glad you liked the angel - and her felt friends. I was trying to work our how old she is and I think she must be -eeek ! - 25 years old!

Yes. lots of good memories

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts