Thursday, March 09, 2006

Interesting times Part 2

Okay - so I said I had some fun news about the BM for this weekend - I think it's just about definite now, so I can tell you more without jinxing fate! On cable or satellite TV there is a ghost-hunting programme called Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns on Living TV and this weekend they are doing a 3 night special from Halifax West Yorkshire where I grew up. Now, amongst other things (lots and lots of other things!) the BM writes local history books on true crime etc (with the glorious titles of Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths!) and he wrote one on Halifax. As a result of this, a researcher for the show contacted him and he has been working as one of the consultants for this show - so they know where to investigate etc. They were also discussing whether he would appear on it. We just heard today that they would like him to be there, probably only on stage for one night - we don't know which yet - but hopefully at least one! And the Offspring and his partner and I all get free tickets to the recording and get to see how the show is put together and maybe mingle a bit!

So if you do have that channel then 9 - 12pm Friday Saturday, Sunday - you might spot the BM somewhere.

Now I've told you this, they'll probably not ask him a single question! But I'm going to have a fun weekend, visiting my home ground and seeing how the show is put together and how it all happens. It’ll be great research if nothing else.

Don't really have the time to spare from these books - but who cares! Whatever happens, it's going to be a fascinating weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, that is SOOOOO cool and - well, you already know how envious I am *g* - will be fabulous research and really interesting. And I want to know *all* the details when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Fascinating post about your adopted big cats, Kate, and I was so interested to know that we share a fellow passion for wildlife. The Born Free Foundation do a marvellous job (and I have been to sign the petition, thanks). I sponsor an orphan elephant through the Sheldrick wildlife trust (featured in the Elephant Diaries programmes on BBC television) and also have sponsored a wolf and an orangutan, other favourite animals. I have a passion for big cats, especially cheetahs, but along with the elephants, wolves and orangs, I also love lowland gorillas, giraffe, African wild dogs, and all sorts! I have animals in books as often as I can and am hoping to sneak an elephant orphan into the wip!

Unfortunately I don't get cable, satellite or digital so will miss the programme with the BM but it sounds fascinating. As Kate H has said, I will look forward to you posting on it in due course.

Michelle Styles said...

I agree with Kate H. It will be an opportunity for fab research.Who knows what ideas might appear because of it?
Congrats and may be it be a load of fun!

Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm so excited! We get this show, occasionally and I'm addicted to it and Most Haunted--and a couple others in the genre. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for this installment!

Anna

Anonymous said...

I'm probably going to seem really dim now but who's your BM? Whoever he is, it sounds as if he has an interesting life. ~Sharon

Kate Walker said...

I'm late catching up with all these - sorry! But I hope you've enjoyed the reports on the event -
Mags - welcome !
Anna- welcome too and I hope you do get a chance to play 'Spot the BM'!
Sharon - I explained the BM bit - hope you saw that!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts