Saturday, March 25, 2006

Competition Results


What's that famous line? - 'Houston, we have a problem. . . '

Problem one- when I promised a photo of Sid doing his stuff and picking the winners - I forgot that I had loaned my digital camera to The Offspring. So the big event has had to take place without record. But the next time - or maybe I'll do a mock-up of the name choosing ceremony with bits of paper and cat crunchies - I don't suppose Sid will mind.


I mean - here's Sid - does he look like he'll mind posing for the cameras again and eating a few more crunchies, just for your delight? I think he might manage it.


So - the results - and here's problem two
Memo to self - never let Sid choose the winners when he has just come in from wandering the garden for half the night and so is starving - or at least, that's what he tells me.

I had the contest entry names - I had the crunchies - I had a pen and paper ready to note down names - I had (most importantly) Sid the Cat. A hungry Sid the Cat.
And he snarfed down, not three but five - five - crunchies before I could blink. And I have no way of knowing which ones went first - or even second or third.


But then I thought, well, I don't win 'Best Modern of 2005' everday - so as I'm celebrating, I'm going with what Sid has decided. And he has decided the five winners will get signed copies of The Antonakos Marriage - and the winners are:

Sharon Francesca
Sharon J
Fatin
Stacey Taylor
Rachel Bellerby

I'll be emailing you all anyway, but if you spot this first, please let me know your postal address by email and I'll get the book in the mail to you.

Thank you to everyone who entered. Look out for more occasional blog contests when I get the chance or the reason to hold them

6 comments:

Sharon J said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!! Way to go, Sid! What a lad! Give him the biggest hug from me :-) ~Sharon J

Kate Walker said...

I take it you're a little bit pleased, Sharon? ;-) :-)
Don't forget to send me postal details

Thanks!

Michelle Styles said...

Ok, the cat got the crunchies.

As I have said before The Antonakos Marriage is a Very Good Book. Sid was just showing his good taste in choosing to allow five lucky winners.

I am amazed that you have him trained like that...Tuppence and Penny would never behave like...well maybe for smoked salmon or fresh chicken...

Kate Walker said...

Trained, Michelle?? I didn't have to train him!

Sid just likes to eat! And crunchies are there to be eaten - he just does what comesnaturally.

He doesn't mind that I put each crunchie treat on a nice little piece of paper with someone's name on it. The crunchies are there and Sid's attitude is 'Lemmme at 'em!'

But it does mean that the choosing of the winners is entirely random and so fair - Sid doesn't care whose name is on the paper!

He sends purrs to Penny and Tuppence

Anonymous said...

My book arrived this morning Kate. Thanks ever so. And signed too :) And with a pen! It was almost like Christmas :-)

~Sharon J x

Anonymous said...

Sid is such a bm, just like the real bm.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts