Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm back - and I'm trying to catch up!

And I've been tagged - a couple of times - So I'll start with this one from Kate Hardy as it's the one that took least thought -


current clothing: lilac top, with lace, burgundy fake ‘suede’ skirt black lace tights
current hair: windblown – I just got in from town
current mood: wondering which of the 3 volume length ‘to do list’ to do!
current refreshment: 1. strong black coffee in my RSC mug with a quite from ‘As You Like it’ saying ‘Sell when you can, you are not for all markets’
And 2. A large glass of water - always have to have both.
current annoyance: Can’t think of one which is surprising – unless I include the answer to the next question -
current avoidance: the fact that my office is a tip.
current smell: Decleor Arome Spa Tonic
current thing you ought to be doing: tidying and organising my office, writing the new Modern/Presents novel to get it from my head and into words,
current thing or things on your wall: kitten calendar given me by my son & partner, prints and a painting by Peter Brook, a Yorkshire painter who taught me at school, prints of Haworth, Yorkshire, photos of my friends – including Michelle Reid and eHarlequin hosts Dee, Dream and Rae
current IM/person you're talking to: my cats Sid and Redford – apart from them, the house is empty
current jewellery: wedding ring and white gold ring with 3 diamonds – a treat to myself from my last royalty cheque – and for my ‘Best Presents’ nomination for The Twelve Month MIstress. Silver heart shaped earrings
current book: Reading – a list of books to judge for the RITAs so no no names. Writing – see thing I ought to be doing…
current worry: getting my book finished by deadline
current favorite celebrity: Hmm – there’s always Hugh Jackman - and Martin Shaw
current obsession: at the risk of being boring – the new book!
current love: my DH
current longing: to get more reading time and to be more organised
current disappointment: would you believe I can’t think of one? Oaky, not being further into the book I’m writing.
current lyric in your head: Pressure- Billy Joel
current music: nothing – I work in silence mostly – looking on the CD player it’s a CD of ‘Lurve Songs’ made for me by a very special friend.
current favorite book: It’s not a favourite but I recently read Jodi Picoult’s The Pact and it stunned me.
current favorite movie: No idea!
current wish: That the new book would just write itself
current undergarments: (would you believe I had to look!) White lace bra white lace ‘shorts’ style knickers
current desktop picture: Nothing
current plans for tonight/weekend: Tonight – working late as DH doesn’t get back till 10.30 - so hopefully I will be sorting the office till then – then a glass of wine and the repeats of tonight’s Coronations Street - ah, the highlife of the romance novelist/ This weekend –meeting a friend for lunch - dinner somewhere with DH (finally catching up on a delayed Valentine’s Day!) and some work on the new book.

And I'll tag Michelle Styles (in revenge for the one she got me on!) Anna Lucia and - hmm - Anne McAllister

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the saying "Sell when you can, you are not for all markets." Very true!

Unknown said...

Hmmm I'm not commenting on this post having been disgusted by a previous post completely dedicated to Sid. I am affronted on behalf of my boy Dyl. In fact I am throwing down a gauntlet, I expect a full post about the wonder that is a one eyed grey tabby called Dylan... or there will be BIG TROUBLE!!

Dee Tenorio said...

Hi Kate!

Thanks to Anna, I founded you! (LOL, don't be horrified, that's a California-ism, lol)

How funny, though, because your picture is part of my desk, too. From Denver, when you were crowned, lol. :)

Giant hugs, hon!
Dee

Kate Walker said...

Michelle - it appealed to me too. I felt it applied to writing as much as the way it was used in the play. And I will get to your tag meme asap

Biddy, I suspected you would rush to Dylan's defence. I've picked up your gauntlet and I I promise to rectify the Sid-bias just as soon as I can. The fact that DYlan is glaring at me balefully from his one eye just reinforces the promise!

Dee, sweetheart, how lovely to see you here - and thanks to Anna for getting you here. I'm honooured that my coronation picture is still on your desk. That brings back such happy memories. When I look up I can see you, Dream and Rae looking glamorous at the RITA night in Denver - please tell them I said Hi and send hugs to them - and of course right back to you

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts